Reaching out to those people who feel far more comfortable in a saddle than a pew.
Some people in Texas were having trouble with all those shalls and shall nots in the 10 Commandments. Folks there just aren't used to talking in those terms. So, some folks out in west Texas got together and translated the "King James" into the "King Ranch" language:
Ten Commandments, Cowboy Style posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Fairlie, TX
1) Just one God.
2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
3) No telling tales or gossipin'.
4) Git yourself to Sunday meeting.
5) Put nothin' before God.
6) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal.
7) No killin'.
8) Watch yer mouth.
9) Don't take what ain't yers.
10) Don't be hankerin' for ye buddy's stuff.